16 May 2010

Through the Sally Port at York Redoubt

While at York Redoubt today we found the 'sally port' doors open allowing visitor access to a preserved part of the 200-year-old fortification that spends most of the year sealed off.

Like some of the other areas at York Redoubt that are closed to the public, the sally port is equipped with functioning lights.

The doors are closed daily at 6pm cutting off access from below to the upper parking lot and vice-versa.

1. Lower passageway.

2. Lower passageway.

3. Stairwell.

4. Upper passageway and stairwell.

5. York Redoubt's Artillery Store (built 1870).

View York Redoubt in a larger map

No comments: